Erin Andrews To Keep 'Dancing' Despite Receiving Death Threats: [ send to a friend ]
ESPN reporter Erin Andrews says she will continue competing on 'Dancing with the Stars' despite receiving emailed death threats.
This after at least a dozen e-mails were sent to a media outlet threatening Andrews. The messages, which make reference to Erin Andrews nude videos, also refer to Michael David Barrett, who was sentenced last month to 2 1/2 years in federal prison for secretly taping Andrews in her hotel room.
"He refers to Barrett in his e-mail in a way to make clear to us that situation had some influence," says her attorney Marshall Grossman. "As soon as we learned of them, the FBI was notified. They are on the case. It is unfortunate that there are sick people who prey on the fears and threaten the well being of others."
The emails, which started out sexual in nature, began arriving at 'The Dan Patrick Show' last fall. However, recently the emails have turned "explicitly violent and threatened Erin with murder."
"I'm glad I'm here," explains Andrews. "I have a dance on Monday and I don't want to let Maks down, I don't want to let my family down, and I don't want to let myself down. I'm not going to stop living my life."
"I don't quit on things. It's not an option for me."
ABC has been asked to beef up its security on the set of 'Dancing with the Stars'.